Kirkbymoorside Memorial Hall
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Kirkbymoorside Memorial Hall
Facilities for everyone.
Take a look inside…
Nestling between ‘Heartbeat Country’ and ‘Herriot Country’, convenient for Ryedale and further afield, the Memorial Hall offers facilities for people from near and far:
… an ideal venue for your event or function, whether it’s a concert, theatre production, conference or the local horticultural show!
What’s Going On…
Regular activities include:
- Ballet & Jazz dance classes
- Circuit training
- Committee Meetings
- Exercise classes
- Tablet Top Sales on Market Day
- Zumba classes
All sorts of interesting activities
Catering Facilities are available
What we have available
The Main Hall
An impressive, spacious and inviting venue. It measures 25m x 12m with seating for 200 on the main floor and a further 50 seats in the balcony.
Ideal for concerts, theatre productions, wedding receptions and larger meetings
The Market Hall
A ground floor room with fully fitted and equipped adjoining kitchen, toilets and cloakroom with access from the Market Place. It measures 15m x 12m with seating for 100.
Ideal for coffee mornings, table top sales and craft fairs – any event which needs immediate street access for success
A smaller, more inviting venue on the lower ground floor accessed by external steps. It measures 10m x 7m with seating for 40. There is a fully equipped kitchen, separate toilets with baby changing facilities and an entrance area for displays.
Just the place for small meetings or exhibitions, childrens’ parties etc.
Charges and Booking Arrangements
Main Hall and Market Hall
Reduced rate for hiring both together
All Day Use
Please contact us to discuss your requirements
To book the Memorial Hall please telephone or email Sheila Ridley:
Tel : 07881 807198
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Kirkbymoorside and Facilities
Historic Kirkbymoorside is halfway between Thirsk and Scarborough on the southern edge of the North York Moors National Park.
It is within 30 miles of Whitby, Teesside, Scarborough, York and Thirsk and has all the character of a typical North Yorkshire Market Town.
The Hall is easy to find – on the right, 600m up the High Street from the roundabout on the A170, with the Town Centre Car Park only 30m away.
… are excellent. There is a prestigious 18-hole golf course within walking distance, and first rate hotels, pubs and B & B accommodation within the town.
Did you know …
- The Memorial Hall is owned by the Town and run by a Management Committee having been bought by the towns people in 1920 to provide facilities for ex-servicemen from the 1914-1918 War.
- The Management Committee also run Kirkbymoorside’s weekly market which has been operating since 1254 and is one of the last privately run Markets in England.
- Patronising the Wednesday Market helps to keep the Hall running.
- In the past the Hall was known as The Toll Booth and has been an indoor market, a court room, a jail and workshops.
- The Hall used to have 3 floors until it was nearly destroyed by fire in 1871.
- The Memorial Hall also owns the rights to the annual November Fair.
- If you live in Kirkbymoorside you are eligible for election onto the Management Committee. Interested? – please contact Sheila Ridley.
- The Hall is a registered charity (No: 250908)
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Send us a message
Kirkbymoorside Memorial Hall, Market Place, Kirkbymoorside, York, YO62 6DA
Sheila Ridley: 07881 807198